Tuesday, January 1

1st day of the New Year


DSCF2097, originally uploaded by jogger164.

No running today... time for a day off I think.

Well 2007 had some great high lights. It was the year where I put in stacks of miles instead of playing at running on and off.

2007 miles = 1429.5 Miles. I'm very happy with that.

Preston set the idea for Juneathon in motion and managed to get us all out of the door everyday (even if he only ran 4+ times). This one thing I have kept this going since June and now only stop once a week for a day off.

The Robin Hood half marathon was cool - again thanks to Mr Preston, this was the first time that I had run a race with anyone. I'm looking forward to this years - the registration is already open for those who are interested.

I got to meet up with some great bloggers this year - UK side Miss Jog Blog (which was a good 'ol laugh) - US side we got the chance to hangout with Rae, E and the guys and also Kate and gang.

The TOT 13k was another fun race, not because the race was that great (quite a few teething problems with that race) - but I ran it with FROGGERJOGGER :-) we had a real good laugh all the way around and I got to ride TOT stinking with E’s sister.

Mr Jinx came along into the family, how great has he turned out to be. He is an amazing pet and has given the house a great vibe.

2008 - What to do this year? Well more of the same. I plan to continue 140+ miles a month and hopefully try and to get around 1900 miles in. I’d like to meet more of the guys that comment on my ramblings.

Also this year I’m adding a cheeky new element to my training. The push-up and press-up challenge (just because I haven‘t been able to get any other training in). I’ll post my progress each day on the bottom of my posts, hopefully they will improve.

Well here’s to 2008 - Have a good one!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for my 2007, I was very lucky to find you and become even more inspired to run by your blog. And I too must give credit to Preston for increasing my running.

It was also great to meet jb, mrs jb and the little one. :-)

I plan to continue to be inspired and try to run approximately 100 miles per month. I ran 4 today for a start.

Randall and I love the picture. It's another great angle. You have a wonderful artistic sense about you. I look forward to seeing more of your work in 2008.

Cheers.

3:23 PM  
Blogger londonjogger said...

cool. thanks for having day off.

it means at least there will be one day in 08 when i had run more than you :) hehe...

your 07 milage is amazing and good inspiration.

happy 08 - best to you and your family...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Rae! said...

Happy New Year! Great mileage for the year!

Well since you are off today I will be ahead by 3 miles! Only for a short time.

I can't wait to see what this year is going to being!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jeff W said...

Great job on setting and achieving your goals this past year.

Keep Moving Forward in '08

Happy New Year!

3:24 AM  
Blogger Runner Susan said...

I couldn't do a push up to save my life, but I'm pretty good at the press downs - the kind where you press yourself to the ground and take a nap. I'm a pro at those.

Happy New Year!

2:24 PM  
Blogger jogblog said...

Happy new year! I'll have my first run of the year tomorrow. Good show on your mileage, about 1,000 more than me. Show off.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home