Saturday, March 3

Running blues

My last week of running has sucked! You know when you really don't want to go out for a run, but you keep forcing yourself out the door but when you do, you spend the whole run thinking of why are doing this it hurts, it's cold, it's wet, it's stupid and I'm getting slower.

So when the alarm clock rang this morning I couldn't face dragging my butt out of bed and out of the door. We had to leave at 8.30am to take the small one to her ice skating lesson so I decided that I would run home from there and let the girls drive the 6 miles back.

After the skating lesson, we all had an hour on the ice - I was tutored on all the latest techniques by my fun sized expert :-) Next was a quick change in the car park, much to the delight of the general public (doesn't bother me, we have spent years of getting in and out of wetsuits in public places...) Then I headed off for my run home.

The Blues have gone :-D

I had one of my best runs to date :-) I love it when a run goes well - the weather was ace and the tunes on my iPod rocked!

How can it be possible to hate and love running so much?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

You could make it more interesting and race them the 6 miles back from the ice rink, see if you can beat them home :-)

2:53 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

;-) I did beat them back... but only because they popped to Tesco.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Good to hear you are all still out there plodding. :)

Im back blogging but i have had to change the url.

The bold recovering alcoholic.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

err sorry that url is http://www.biohax.com/blog

:)

5:59 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

:-) he's back

7:06 PM  
Blogger Johnny Twelve Pack said...

I reckon you run about the same number of miles in a week as I walk in a year! :-D

Good work mate, I think any sport taken seriously is bound to give you a love-hate relationship!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home