Thursday, September 21

SHIT!

I was not sure if I should post this today - it’s been on my mind all day long, and I’ve got to get it out into the open.

A rubbish thing happened last night! My friend (our families friend) was killed last night during his bike ride to work L

He was wearing reflective clothing, his bike had lights on and also had a light mounted on his person. This didn’t help him grab enough attention because a driver ploughed into him, killing outright on the road.

I have trained with Simon so many times I can’t count them - he has helped us renovate a house and also build our current home. He was the first visitor to see our daughter. All in all he was a great friend!

It’s rubbish that a few seconds misjudgement have taken his life and left his son without a father and his wife without her husband. My thoughts are with his family, his mum and 3 brothers.

We’re gonna miss you Simon.

4 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

Aw, that's really shit, sorry to hear about your friend.

9:18 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Yeah life stinks sometimes... you've gotta make sure you live every second...you never know what's around the corner.

10:05 PM  
Blogger womble said...

As a runner and a cyclist, even though I don't know you, that is dreadful. Ken Livingstone has started a campaign about making pedestrians, cyclists and motorists more aware of each as road users. Sadly, it's going to be a long time before drivers no longer say "I didn't see him".

Hearfelt thoughts to Simon's family and friends.

11:34 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Thanks for your comment :-) Sounds like a good plan from Mr Livingstone - lets hope it has some effect for the future.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home