Monday, September 18

Run No1 Done

Went for my first run in the "Training to improve your 10-K time" programme. I took it nice and slow and all seems to be ok, my ankle hurts a little but not too much :-) So onwards and upwards - another 3 miler tomorrow then a 35 min tempo run... just need to work out what that is :-)

I've also recharged the old Garmin so now I can bore you all with some fascinating stats each day :-)

Distance 3.00 mile
Time 31.00 min
Temperature 19/C
Flies 2 - one in the mouth the other in my left eye..eWWW!

9 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

Glad your ankle's ok.

Stats aren't boring, I like stats :-)

3:35 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Your stats are good - mine are slightly dull :-)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Love my Garmin stats too; any heartrate? I like your program too, good luck with sticking to it. Writing it down is the 1st step!

11:59 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

I'll look for the heart rate stats... they may be shocking ;-)

9:04 AM  
Blogger jogblog said...

I never use the heart rate monitor, I'll wear it tonight if I remember :-)

10:02 AM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Oh no... the battle of the heartrate monitors begins... Whats a good heart rate to have anyway?

10:46 AM  
Blogger jogblog said...

Haven't a clue. It depends on age I think, and you can train on it, a percentage of the maximum, or something like that. Oh, I'll be quiet. What do I know? :-)

Here we go, good old Runner's World to the rescue:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=176

I still prefer my pizza training schedule though :-)

11:04 AM  
Blogger [rich] said...

:-) sounds like hardwork to me... I'll just put down my heart beat max and average I think... Not long till you can reintroduce pizza into your diet thought :-) It's gonna taste great :-D

11:16 AM  
Blogger jogblog said...

Four days, there's a pizza restaurant in Hyde Park, isn't there? V. handy, that's where the 5k is. That's not why I chose that race though, honest. ;-)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home