Tuesday, September 12

HELP!

Sitting back and resting for a couple of days :-) I'm going to start running again tomorrow... but more on that in a minute.

I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone that posted comments and supported me with the run :-) and also everyone that gave money towards cancer research.

The hospital run starts again today as Dads Chemo has started today. They need to keep him in overnight once a week when they replace his chemicals...

Running update - I NEED TO GET FASTER! And I need some help doing it. I need a new training programme. I've got my core miles behind me and would like to start turning up the heat. I've read about adding hills, doing speed work, lifting my legs higher etc... But would like to get a training schedule nailed and started as soon as possible to help me with the 10K I’ve got coming up in a month. HELP PLEASE! Could anyone offer advice, websites or books to help me gain some speed :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

I'm using the novice 10k schedule here

http://www.halhigdon.com/10ktraining/10kintro.htm

but there's an intermediate and an advanced one too.

You've probably already come across this site though :-)

5:30 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Cheers I'll have a look :-) not seen it before

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home