Sunday, November 11

Trip report - Day four


DSCF1637, originally uploaded by jogger164.

Another early start - out of the hotel for a run at 6.30. Boy was it hot! I think this was the hottest day of the holiday and one that taught me a lesson about hydration. Back home I always have a drink before running and then one when I get back home, even if it's a long 13 miles (as I run slow). If I'm running fast I make sure I have a drink with me.

This morning on holiday I only ran 3.5 miles and a drink before and a quick sip after as we had to get out quickly because we had breakfast booked at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom.

We got to the park in plenty of time but had to wait for rope drop to go in. Once we made ourselves known to the reservation cast member at the palace we had to wait outdoors for them to call our party. This wouldn't normally bother me, but it was roasting hot and I was gagging for a drink.

We eventually got called (45 minutes later than our booking) and took our seats at the table. I asked for a diet coke which never came so I drank a mug of coffee... ERROR! We got some food and started to eat. Winnie the Pooh and friends came to visit, but by this time I was in a bad way. I had to go and be sick (sorry for the details) and was shaking like I was in the freezer.

I had managed to dehydrate myself big time and drinking the coffee was the final straw. I got some water then some more and then more. It took about 4 hours until I felt ok again. Lesson learned - Make sure you drink water when running.

After breakfast we headed out into the park and I watched the girs ride the Flying Carpets then we went into the Enchanted Tiki room. Next was the Country Bears, Splash mountain and then a change of park to Epcot via a round trip of the Magic Kingdom on the steam train. We didn't do too much at Epcot, the girls rode Mission Space and we played the game a few times.

Back at the hotel we all cooled off in the pool.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rae! said...

That is how I felt after the race,but I also became very ill,with the chills, and other fun stuff.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you got sick and didn't have a better experience at CP.

For the future I recommend that you book the earliest ressie possible and then you will be seated pretty much right away since there are no other patrons in the restaurant. And I would have asked again for that Diet Coke. They sometimes get rushed and forget and really appreciate it if you remind them.

If you make the early ressie you get to go into the park before opening via a special line to the right. It is very cool to walk up a practically deserted Main Street.

I'm always happy to assist you if you ever want help in making ressies and planning the trip. :-)

3:20 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Feeling like that wasn't the best. I had rang 180 days out to reserve, but 9:10 was the earliest that I could get for that one. All the others we went to were great :-) Thanks for the offer of help, might be better than getting up in the middle of the night to book.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't thought of that. You do have a bad time of it for the ressies. I booked less than 180 days out and got 8:10. I think you picked a bad day because the parks were not crowded and you should have done better with the time.

I would be happy to call for you in the future and save you the middle of the night calling.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Rae! said...

go read jonathan he made 4 miles!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home