Sunday, November 4

Frogger Jogger


badge, originally uploaded by jogger164.

Race update.

The Tower of Terror 13k took us alongside some motorway style roads and through woods and along plenty of water.

At certain points they had pick-up trucks playing loud music. The best race tune we heard was a Neil Diamond track - got us running past very fast ;-)

As I said before I ran the race with my new American friend Raes son. We had a water fight at one point (well I threw a few cups of water over his head) and generally didn't take it all too seriously (running through puddles rather than around them etc).

As we headed back towards the MGM park Raes son jogged onto a dead frog (by accident I hasten to add) making it pop over his shoes...eewwww!!

From then on he had to endure being called:
The Frogger Jogger
The Froginator
Kermit Killer
Road Toad

And also being asked if he was wearing "Crocs"... oh no they are frogs aren't they ;-) lol.

I was impressed with his running as he had only ran about 4 miles before and we managed to run the 8+ without stopping! I've got admit that running with someone else is a lot more fun.

No running for me today - way tired out. Back to normal tomorrow.

10 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

That is the coolest running bling ever :-)

Shame about the frog.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Rae! said...

When we were coming through fantasmic they were playing chariots of fire! I like Neal diamond! Plus by the time we made it back they were packing up the music! Next year I plan on running it and not getting sick!

And I will have on my frog trackers! Hahaha

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a seriously awesome metal!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

And the lift even goes up and down :-)

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Howdy Hey!

It was great meeting the JB family. We had a marvelous time doing rides with you and Rae's family at Magic Kingdom.

We hope you had a great vacation.

7:45 PM  
Blogger warriorwoman said...

Check out that medal - I want one!

8:05 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

The medal is cool :-) the small person has already stolen it :-/

Great to meet you as well Kate :-) Hd a great time. Hope the rest of your holiday went well as well.

8:32 PM  
Blogger ariane said...

Hello JB & family. This is E's sister, you know, the one who drove you around in her huge van! =) Glad to see you are all home safely. Tell your girls hello from me and my girl. We've got some cute pictures.

Thanks for riding the TOT with me!

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh at last I am able to post here.... why my comp goes bonkers sometimes I think...

Yeh that medal is cool... and the frog thingy... quiet yukky..

3:24 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Hi Ariane :-D

Thanks for allowing me to sweat in the back seat ;-)
It was great to meet you guys - Everyone says hi back at ya.

TOT was cool.

Will have to email the pictures to each other - got some cool ones of you chaps. See ya next year.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home