Tuesday, November 6

Back to work day 2 - Trip report day 2


DSCF1576, originally uploaded by jogger164.

Day 2 back at work
Hard! busy and my throat is loving me (my neck seems to have turned into a plank of wood). Managed to get out for a late lunchtime 4 miles. Running with a cold isn't much fun, but it's got to be done, I've got Rae to try and beat this month in the mileage front.

Day 2 trip report:
Saturday was an early start. I sneaked out of the room at 5.00am with my garmin to do a pre-park run. It was already very hot and humid. I snaked around Disney all stars Movies, Music and Sports then up to a huge Mc Donald’s and back down again, by the time I finished the Garmin flashed 4.1 miles... It was hard work! running in the heat and humidity is difficult.

Had a shower and a few drinks then we headed to Magic kingdom for rope drop. As we walked to the entrance the heavens opened up and fell on our heads. Not put off by the pre-show we headed off for a first ride on the newly opened Haunted Mansion - It was brilliant. The rest of the morning was spent riding the following: Peter Pan, Small World, Escape Stitch, Tomorrow Land Transport Authority, Astro Orbiters, Buzz Light-years Space Ranger Spin, Mickey's Philharmagic... then we went to MGM again.

We had dinner reservations for Hollywood and Vine, but went to the animation academy before. The Dinner was lush :-) very good service and the food was yummy. After we wobbled away from the restaurant we managed a tour on the great movie ride and then headed off to watch Fantasmic. That show is cool - it's the first time we had seen it, and we all loved it. After the show we caught the bus home and managed a dip in the pool before bed.

I thought holidays were meant to be relaxing...

November total mileage = 10.5 miles

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff W said...

Stopping by to say hello and thanks for posting. I appreciate it.
Weather here had been decent for the most part. I have been enjoying the 40-50 degree temps. It's just right for jogging.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran Monday and Tuesday so my total for November is about 5 miles.

I too have a cold that started on Sunday. I actually ran 10 minutes at 10mph on Monday but found that it wore me out so I only did 12 minute miles today.

I'm sad that I placed so far back in my age group and I would like to try to increase my speed to 10's.

I loved the TOT13K in spite of the problems (unlike WDWToday) and I would do it next year.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Rae! said...

Great mickey!!!Is he an Old one? yes training in this heat has not been easy. :( It has gotten a bit cooler this last week and a lot less humidity.
Frogger Jogger got out there and did 2.5 in 25:25.E followed him on the bike.
E is sporting a nice ole head cold too.

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was an error, huh? I meant doing 10 minute miles so that would be 6 per hour.

12:36 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Hi Caballerfan great to have you posting here :-)

Kate - I found that doing 'fartlek training' made me run faster, but to be truthful I gave up trying to get faster about 5 months ago. I just try to push myself as much as I can, and enjoy the miles - I found that tryng to make myself run faster just made my look at the stopwatch more than enjoying my "Me" time.

Hi Rae :-D the mickey is the gift shop on the lefthand side sas you walk down towards the TOT - the last shop :-)

Well done to the Frog. Colds are pants! I hate 'em

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home