Sunday, July 8

Hi :-)

Just back from the great escape 2007.

Had a fantastic chilled out time - I can't believe that we have been together so long (and are still best mates).

A little naughty on the Lardathon stakes - Had 2 lovely breakfasts and a cheeky dinner... back on track tomorrow.

How did the running go I hear you ask... Well I decided to have yesterday off and get up for a 10 miler this morning. So I Quietly got ready in the pitch black this morning at 6.45am (as not to wake my lovely wife).

I amazed myself with the stealth like ninja mode I was pulling off. I slipped my feet into my trainers and thought 'eww these feel odd, must be because I got them flooded running in the river water for 2 weeks). I made my way out of the room after even managing to find my iPod in the gloom.

I slid out into the hotel corridor and silently shut the door behind me. Looking down at my uncomfortable shoes I let out a 'Doohhh!" 2 left shoes, I'd only packed 2 bl**dy left shoes (that will teach me to always buy the same shoes) :-D The God of Jog had spoken no run for me this weekend - sorry - I promise to do 6 miles tomorrow to make up for it.

But to make matters worse, I was fully awake at 6.45am on a Sunday in a hotel...ekk!

I sneaked back into the room - ran a bath and read this months edition of "Empire" cover to cover, a what a great read - Transformers, blade runner and Gary Oldman - highly recommended.

Hope everyone is has had a great weekend. Bobbing about in the pool and chatting today we talked about meeting you guys, can't wait. :-D

See ya.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so many questions unanswered.

So which anniversary was it?

Where did you? What did you do on Saturday (besides that)?

What did you eat for b'fast and dinner?

And most importantly, what brand of shoes was it? [LOL - 2 left shoes - I have a similar problem with my dress shoes. I buy one pair in navy and one in black. I've been known to go to work with a mismatched pair. :-) ]

I know. It's getting closer every day. I can't wait. Plus I get a special surprise that trip. Will reveal later in my blog. I'm sooooo excited. :-)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should be ...where did you go?

10:09 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Been together for 20 and married for 17 :-)

Breakfast was English style and dinner was a steak and salad.

My shoes are New balance - they rock.

What's the special surprise? :-D

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's great. 20 years. I just asked my husband and he thinks it's either 19 or 20 years for us. We were together for 5 years before we got married. Neither of us really knows but we could figure it out if I looked at the marriage license.

I don't know what an English b'fast is. Is it just one of those store-bout muffins then that we buy at the grocery store. I think they call them Thomas' English Muffins.

Hmmm...won't tell me where you went and I won't tell you my secret. :-}

Agree about the New Balance. They're my fave.

10:25 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

LoL - we went to the glamorous Leicester :-)

An English breakfast =sausage, bacon, beans and toast :-)

Well done on your 20 years - flies past doesn’t it.

What's your surprise?
LoL - we went to the glamorous Leicester :-)

An English breakfast =sausage, bacon, beans and toast :-)

Well done on your 20 years - flies past doesn’t it.

What's your surprise?

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

17 years.... wow.... thats amazing. I haven't been married for a year and I already have respect for anybody married at all... Congratulations :)

3:58 AM  
Blogger jogblog said...

20 years? Since you were 16? Aw, that's so sweet :-)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Rae! said...

That's wonderful 20 years.When your happy and things are right it goes fast.Times flies when you are having fun.
Yes I can't wait til October.Did we all agree on lunch some where at Disney?
I like the new balance too,but right now I am wearing the asics 2120.I like them a lot.
What do you do about carrying water with you at races or do you?

4:39 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

I think we are - or going on some rides :-)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Rae! said...

Cool!!! :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Glad to hear you had a great weekend. The wife and i are away this weekend but staying in a Travellodge.....classy!!

7:22 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Smooth ;-)

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. Glad you had a nice weekend. :-)

Now we've got almost nice weather, when are you coming to the beach? :-D

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home