Saturday, May 12

Running on frozen water.

No run for me today, it’s my day of rest.

Well when I say rest I mean getting up early and going to the ice rink to watch the small person have her skating lesson.

She is doing the skate UK program and today managed to pass her level 4 grading. So in 9 weeks worth of lessons she has done 4 badges (value for money for us). I can’t get over how well she can skate it seems to be a natural talent for her. After her lesson we get to hang around for an hour and then we all get to skate for an hour - I don’t really have much natural talent at skating. But I don’t fall over and I can stop etc , I won’t be on “Dancing on Ice” any time soon though. I did learn something today, pint sized gave me a lesson on skating backwards - and I can do it J

No daily photo yet - I’ll have a look around to see what I can snap.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ice skating sounds like fun. I haven't taken Aidan skating in a couple years. I really should go again. I'm not a great skater, but I used to roller skate as a teenager. Still, it didn't carry over. I can't even begin to go backwards.

I don't know anything about the skate UK program. Is she headed for something like regional and national competitions? Sounds like she is doing really well.

- Kate

3:13 PM  
Blogger jogblog said...

I used to go ice skating. I wasn't very graceful but I could go round the rink v. quickly but could only stop by bashing into the side :-)

When you take today's pic, don't cheat this time by scanning something you prepared earlier like you did on day 58. Tsk.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home