Saturday, November 18

Chemo take 5

Well dropped him off at hospital yesterday for hit 5 of the chemo set, it marks a milestone though as it’s the half way mark :-). Hopefully we will be picking him up later today (already been in this morning).

Gotta feel sorry for him. He spends three weeks getting over the chemo (even though he has a chemo bum bag thing 24/7 as well) and not being able to eat, as his taste buds get screwed by the chemicals (lucky he hasn’t got a stomach any more to tell him he is starving hungry), then just as he can eat something without being sick he has to go in and have it all again. Fingers crossed in six months it will all be over and he can get on with life again.

With the hospital trips and problems at work I didn’t get out yesterday for a run. But got up at 7 this morning and did 4.5 miles - going to get up and do a long run tomorrow.

I must admit you know you have a devolved an addiction to running when you’d rather get up and run in the morning frost than staying in bed at the weekend. If someone had told me that I’d being doing this a couple of years ago I would have laughed at them. But it seems to be one of the things I really look forward to now.

Well I hope that everyone else gets out for a good run this weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

4.5 miles sounds like a long run to me :-)

Another six months of chemo? That's grim, fingers still crossed for you all.

11:42 AM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Cheers - I can't get over how quick the first lot has gone...

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I hope it all works out for you all. I know its no help but that just puts all my small problems into the correct perspective.

I did another 7 miles this morning and this has to be the coldest one yet.

Brrrrr its all brrrrrr for a few months now.

Good luck :)

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I deleted your post on my blog by accident ……… sorry and btw ninjas are better than pirates you seem to have got it the wrong way round. :)

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home