Friday, July 14

Exotic birds and other stuff...

How comes when you have a day off work your stupid body wakes up at six still! I was looking forward to having a little bit of extra shut eye - but my brain wasn’t!

After 30mins fidgeting about and I decided I might as well get up an go for a run (I have to admit I am addicted again). The weather is so good at the moment, sunny but not blood boiling hot :-). Those bleak cold, wet and dark winter morning runs seem like a life time ago… but I bet they will be back before you know it.

Now down to the exotic bird action ;-) When I was jogging up the lane there was a bird sat down in the road eating something. I thought that it was a Thrush as we seem to have a few of them about at the moment. But as I got closer it jumped up and flew past me, it was one of these - cool :-D sorry for being an anorak but I love birds of prey.

Kilometres ran today: 5K
Kilometres ran this week so far: 23K

3 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

I like getting up early on days off, it's just getting up for work I don't like.

Nice birdy. I had a pigeon in my garden the other day which is about as exotic as we get here and my cat was eyeing up a blackbird through the window this morning :-)

Enjoy your day off :-)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Johnny Twelve Pack said...

Hope you're enjoying your day off monkey!

We had a sparrowhawk in the garden yesterday, scared the fish to death it did.

4:49 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Our cat enjoyed bringing blackbirds in the house for us :-/ ekk!

Today has been ace :-)

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home