Tuesday, July 4

Happy Birthday...

... To me :-P

As of today I've been running for a year, well I have occasionally stopped for work and a drink ;-)

I can't believe how quick the year has gone! It's been an up and down year in running.

The highs

Getting fit and finishing my first half marathon and all the 10k's that I've been in. Running with friends (not often enough). My ipod shuffle :-). But the biggest high...this blog - I really enjoy keeping it up to date and also the great motivation from the comments i receive from the people that I have gotten to know on-line via it.

The lows
All the injuries and the shoe inserts that I now have to run in (they feel like that you are running on concrete). Running in the bleak dark cold wet winter weather. Swallowing lots of hot flies - and CANCER!

As it's one year in, here’s five slightly interesting facts about me:

> 1. I’m a graphic designer who loves to draw
> 2. I used to weigh 18.5 stone :-/
> 3. My favourite ride in world is "The Tower of Terror"
> 4. The best advice I have ever been given is "live within your means to fulfil your dreams" :-) keep it simple.
> 5. I'd rather be surfing.

See you next year - if my legs haven't dropped off.

Detox day: 16 (-1)
Kilometres ran today: 6K
Kilometres ran this week so far: 12K

4 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

Happy anniversary!

How do you remember it's a year? I don't know when I started running, I made a feeble attempt last December but after 2 minutes gave up and went home, then couldn't walk for 3 days :-)

Started again in January (with a proper beginner's schedule this time), so I think I'll make my start date 3 January which is when I stopped smoking (for the second time [stopped for 3 weeks in December but started again on Xmas Day]).

Anyway, congratulations on your first birthday and for the encouragement and help you've given me over the last six months, I too love my blog and hopefully it'll soon be a running blog again, instead of a gardening blog :-)

2:05 PM  
Blogger jogblog said...

p.s. 18.5 stone?!! That's a lot of vodka :-)

2:08 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

18.5 stone was a lot of pizza ;-)

4th of July was easy to remember for me - Independence Day an all.

Well done for keeping off the smokes, and I'm sure your leg will be better soon.

Cheers for the comments

2:55 PM  
Blogger Johnny Twelve Pack said...

You go girlfriend! ;-)

Seriously though dude well done! I hope in a year's time I'll still be blogging and training and be able to look back on highs and lows.

I don't even think I'd have started a blog if it weren't for you starting yours - the reason I did was because I saw the motivation it gave you to carry on going running every lunchtime.

So, thanks for that, and best of luck for your next biggie ;-)

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home