Wednesday, April 19

Gutted!

I can’t believe it! Just got fit and now my ankles put a stop to it. I went to see the foot doctor last night. He seemed a very nice chap. After poking my ankle and hitting it with a hammer he made me hobble barefooted on a running machine ( I did ask if it was standard practise for me to be naked? :-D ).


The verdict is now in. The pins and needles that I’d been having in my ankle was the nerve (that runs down your leg and around your ankle and under the foot) being stretched as my foot over-pronates. This is responsible for my ankle swelling and the pain.

The good news is its treatable, Ice packs and shoe inserts. The Bad news is that I’m not allowed to run for a month! A month! WAAAAAAAA!!!

I have stuck a countdown timer in the right hand column to give me something to look forward to. And I will carry on posting to the blog.

In the meantime it looks like swimming (as suggested by EDINBURGHRUNNER) and weights for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

Cheers :-) I'm trying to keep positive about it, I'm going to take a month of the sauce and try to detox :-)

3:00 PM  
Blogger jogblog said...

It's not a month, you've got 26 days left, just over 3 weeks, hardly any time at all until you're back out there :-)

Good luck with the no boozing too :-)

7:42 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Cheers :-)
I think I may fall off the wagon sometime though as theres a BBQ and 2 weddings in the next few week :-P

7:54 PM  
Blogger edinburghrunner said...

Nightmare - a whole month!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home