Saturday, December 15

Why?


DSCF2522, originally uploaded by jogger164.

What kind of idiot gets up at 6.30am in the pitch black puts shorts on and a top and goes running? Me! (why did I say I was going to run 160 miles this month) I hate being addicted to running - it makes me do things I shouldn't do.

This morning was cold, about minus four, and I seriously need some new winter gear - all I have are a few jackets, the shorts are just not doing it for me at the moment.

After cursing myself for the first couple of miles I did enjoy the warm glow of my feet as they finally became toasty.

8.5 miles later and my dripping nose told me it was time to stop. I went back out and took a few photos (over on flickr) I do like morning frost and winter in general - just not the minging rain it brings.

December miles = 73 (that's 5.4 miles a day until the end of the month to hit my goal...ekk)

3 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

Yes, you're mad! -4? Eek.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Jeff W said...

Ok, time for a silly question from your blogging buddy here in the states.
Are you posting the temp in celsius? I assume you are.
-4 farenhieght would simply be crazy. Especially in shorts!
Not sure where I will end up with mileage here. Mousefest really put a dent into my numbers.
There is a new 24/7 fitness gym going in around the corner from our place. I plan to check it and will most likely join. At least through the winter.

Keep after those miles you'll get there.

3:00 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Yeup celsius - wouldn't be able to move if it was fahrenheit :-D

I bet you walked miles though at Mousefest without knowing it.

Nice one on the Gym.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home