Monday, April 16

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Jogger

A short play by Sir Harry Flashman

[Two young men are jogging along a bleak canal filled with empty cans of strong lager, syringes and strangled women]

Joggerblogger: I enjoy jogging.

Preston: As do I.

Joggerblogger: I like your sweat bands.

Preston: Thanks. I like your trainers.

Joggerblogger: Can I lick your shins?

Preston: Er…

[One young man breaks into a sprint, leaving the other behind. He sinks to his knees and begins to sob.]

Joggerblogger:
All I want is to taste another man’s shin. Is that so wrong? Curse you Preston! Curse you and your lizard-like swiftness!

[END]

Ps we run 4 miles

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

When's the West End premiere? :-)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Johnny Twelve Pack said...

DUDE! My good friend. Hope you're well. Been a while! 3 weeks with no gymming - can you believe it... I want time to stand still for a week! Glad you're still salsa-ing, you'll be on strictly come dancing in no time...

Dissertation's due in next week, 3 assignments this week... it's mad but the sunshine is ace :-)

Keep up the funk! ;o)

2:27 AM  
Blogger [rich] said...

:-) good to hear from you Mr 12pack. Hope the dissertation goes well - see ya soon.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Oh man that had me in stitches, great stuff. :)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Farnell said...

preston and jogger, what is wrong with you, you are sick man. Got a lady yet Preston?

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home