Sunday, January 28

Speed Test Sunday



Well the drop in wind speed didn’t stay for long - all the snow has disappeared and been replaced with gusts of lung burning wind, joy!

I have had a couple of days off running since I did my 36K on Thursday, so thought that I’d head out for a jog around the village this morning. It was a real struggle :-/ not with my running but my breathing, I think I must be getting a cold or something (everyone at work seems to have them) I haven’t been this wheezy in ages, I sounded like that penguin in Toy Story - hopefully it will go away if I ignore it… Still managed to do 5 miles :-)

The council has put up some new toys for the boy racers to use on the main road - they are signs that show you how fast you are going and display either a thank you or slow down message.

But some fun is to be had with them if your out running… They pick up your speed if there’s no cars around and you are running towards them. COOL!, free speed checks J I had to go back home and get my camera after I finished my run to take a picture of them to show you. So if you want to know how fast you can run, head up north :-D

4 Comments:

Blogger warriorwoman said...

Brilliant I want one.
The speed camera at the top of our road only speaks to you if you hit 30mph, try as I might I haven't been able to get it to notice me - even on my bike.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

you speed merchant, you. :D

1:23 PM  
Blogger Runner Susan said...

i really like the warm south!

1:44 PM  
Blogger jogblog said...

That is so cool, I want one near me!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home