Monday, October 9

Knocked that on the head!

I didn't end up getting to bed until about half past this morning - so when my alarm clock rang this morning at six, no way was I going to drag my ass out of bed.

So I decided to knock the long run on the head and start this week a new. With that in mind ventured out with the ol' Preston for a jaunt around the block for 3 Miles. We did it spot on 30 minutes, which wasn't as slow as I thought we'd be as we talked a lot.

So tomorrow it's a 4.5miler :-)

I went running in my new shoes again, still getting my feet used to them. Is this normal? Please let me know what you reckon as I've only ever broken in new shoes when I've returned to running after a lay off so I haven’t ever noticed the foot pain.

5 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

Well done on the three miles. Better than my less than sterling effort today :-)

I don't know about the shoes, I've only ever had the one pair and they've been fine since day 1. Maybe you got the wrong type for you. Did the shop do the videoing you running on the treadmill thing?

2:24 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

No, they just gave me the replacement of the ones I got last time... :-/

2:26 PM  
Blogger jogblog said...

I don't think they should be hurting you. I would suggest taking them back to the shop and telling the shop people they're hurting your feet and see what they say. Or ring them first, they're supposed to know about these things, aren't they?

Unlike I who knows nothing but gives my opinion anyway ;-)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Johnny Twelve Pack said...

Hope the new shoes don't give you too much more grief, you could try bandaging your feet up but I doubt that'd be too comfortable!

Good to see you doing some different techniques too, is the fun sized person still going running with you every now and then?

How's your dad today? I hope he's ok.

Just got back from the gym myself so will update the blog later!

Keep it up monkster. ;-)

3:46 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

Yeah it's good to mix it up - helps you getting stuck in a rut.

The small one is still in training, we've got a fun run on new years (she's looking forward to getting a medal).

Off to the hospital in a bit - not much improvement though :-/ Thanks for asking though dude :-)

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home