Thursday, May 31

Cancer update…

I thought that it was about time for another cancer update. Things have been quiet on the cancer front of late; Hospital visits have been going on in the background but nothing major to report about really. Fingers crossed it all seems to be going well. Really well.

Since chemo finished he has slowly started to put weight on and is getting stronger day by day. We know he is feeling better because he is starting to moan that he now has to shave again and even worse have haircuts.

The doctors say that the lump on his shoulder doesn’t look like another cancer and has started to shrink (insert huge smiley face). The only thing that is now left to remind us about his operations is the food bag plumbed in to his side that he still has to have everyday. But he is working hard at eating more and more (a bit hard when you don’t have a stomach I imagine) so that he can get rid of it ASAP.

I’d just like to say thanks to everyone out there in blogland (you know who you are) that helped me out through the last year and a half – It has been the worse times and also some of the best times of my life. Two great friends taken way too early and the whole cancer nightmare. It has taught me one thing – make sure you enjoy every single minute of life that you can.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

So pleased to hear it's going well, my fingers are still crossed :-)

8:31 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

cheers jb :-)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

That does sound good! Keeping various fingers crossed that he continues on the up and up.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know the beginning of this story, but it does sound like it's having a happy ending. I've been through the cancer thing with my mom and I understand what's it's like.

Wishing you and your loved ones the best of health. :)

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home