Saturday, December 16

Tis the season...

To drink and not sleep. We had our Agency party on Thursday night – What a night. We went out straight from work and had a meal booked for 8.30pm – so that gave us about 2 hours pre dinner drinking time.

When we got to the restaurant the staff were the slowest group of people in the world, even though we all had pre-booked our food weeks ago. I think the main course made an appearance at around 10.30… too much time to drink and not eat.

Next came the usual cheesy club, then the realisation that you’re sat in a hotel bar at 4.30am and have to be at work in 4 hours time.

We had a great laugh though J but Friday night wasn’t much better for getting to bed (around 1am) so this morning when I got up at 7.30am I had to drag myself out for a run.

Did 5 miles in the cold. It’s that kind of cold when you were little you pretend that you are a dragon, breathing out smoke. But the trouble is when you’re out running it comes of the top of your sweaty head.

5 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

Ouch, 'tis the party season all right. I was going to go to the gym last night but my mate said no, you're coming to the pub with me instead. No running for me this morning :-(

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had a 10miler planned for today but feel knackered which is not good as I have my work Xmas do tonight. Somehow I don't think I'm gonna feel anymore 'up for it' tomorrow post partying!

10:58 AM  
Blogger [rich] said...

It's good to be able to take a break and let your hair down now and again :-) but it's not good for running... PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

:-)

Have fun tonight!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Night fever, night feverrrrr! ;-)

Were you busting some joggerblogging grooves on the dancefloor? Bet you had a top night!

Oh, I've got a drunken text message from the party, from Preston about "yule tides" :-P

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you actually got up the next morning to go running!! I am definitely impressed; my ass would have stayed in bed to sleep off whatever i put in my body the night before! I hope you had fun though!! :D

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home