Friday, August 18

Splish, Splash Splosh!

It’s the weekend :-D well it is for me – I’ve got a day off work YAH!

I think someone at Thames water found the on switch to the UK’s clouds last night. It has been raining solid for about 14 hours now, when I pulled back the curtains this morning I was expecting to see Noah bobbing past.

Bit the bullet and went for a run. Even though it was still raining hard, gotta love running in the rain :-P

The only trouble with running around the village this morning is that about 2 miles of it takes a footpath along the main road, and with all the water collecting down the side of the tarmac I was open game for sadistic motorists to play soak the jogger.

I thought I had escaped a drenching until a large vehicle came speeding along towards me, hugging the curb. No, not a white van but a bloody Porsche Cayenne-Turbo-S. Parting the water like Moses it managed soak me from head to toe in minging road water.

But my trusty iPod managed to cheer me nearly straight away by selecting “In the Jailhouse Now” from the sound track of “O Brother Where Art Thou”.

Well apart from that my run was pretty non-adventfull. I have tweaked the route a bit and it now has 6 hard hills to go at and lasts 11K.

I’m off down to sunny Leicestershire this weekend, so I’m not sure what running I will manage to pull in.

Hope everyone has a great weekend – see you on the other side.

2 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

A day off, lucky you!

Have a great weekend :-)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Johnny Twelve Pack said...

Singin' in the rain too, I bet!

Have a good weekend Spriternator. ;-)

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home