Thursday, July 27

The wrong trainers gromit....

The lunchtime dynamic duo reconvened today :-) The temperature has dropped slightly so it's bearable to head out at midday.

But being a right Muppet, I packed everything apart from my running trainers DOH!!

I decided to head out in the trainers I was wearing (a pair of Nike Air) but we only did 2.5-3K as I didn’t want to make my ankle any worse :-/ Still it was a good little run and I really enjoyed being able to have a chat, even if it is harder to run and talk as I can never remember to breathe correctly.

Got home from the hospital (he seems to be getting better still :-P) to find that I have been posted an application form for the London Marathon next April. Now what should I do? I wanted to enter it this year (but was unsuccessful as it's a ballot system), but I'm not sure If I want to do it next year - then again I'd love to do a full marathon... any advice?

6 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

If you want to do a full marathon, then I think you should fill your application form in. And post it back to them. I'll watch out for you on the telly :-)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Johnny Twelve Pack said...

Yeah, get on it! It's a major event and it'd be a shame to miss it. If you don't do it next year you might pull out the year after too. Plus it'd give me a reason to watch it! :-)

12:57 AM  
Blogger David said...

You pick the one you want to run and go for it. If London is your first, you will certainly have high standards for all that follow.

As for your ankles, do what I did today - get a massage. Ahhh, the relief and flexibility that has been restored!

2:29 AM  
Blogger [rich] said...

I'll give a go I reckon :-) should be a good laugh.

I reckon Jogblog shoudl enter it as well seen as it's your home run ;-)

Foot massage! sounds good to me, now all I need to find someone who could stand the sight of my feet :-D

9:00 AM  
Blogger jogblog said...

Er, yeah, right. I can't run 26.2 feet at the moment, let alone miles :-)

Good luck getting in for next year, a sub 3 hours? ;-)

9:51 AM  
Blogger [rich] said...

I reckon I could eat 2 subs in 3 hours :-)

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home