Saturday, July 22

No Robin, but plenty of forest.

Yesterday at work I decided I’d like to do a long run today, but not around the same old places that I normally run. So with that in mind I set off this morning packing my camera with me for the 30 minute drive to the home of Robin Hood, Sherwood forest. Changed in the car park into jogger mode and headed out.

I ran through the visitors centre and passed the café, people were sat outside gawping at the odd sweaty bloke running past as they dug into their 10 o’clock pasties (and not even a greggs in site).

I ran down to the ‘Major Oak’ the tree that Robin Hood was meant to have lived in. I must admit I feel really sorry for the tourists that travel all the way to see it. The tree is in a right sorry state, propped up on sticks and filled with green plastic to stop it falling over. The only thing that matched the tree for rubbish tourist attraction was the ‘Automatic Outlaw’ machine. LOL! Funny, you put your money in and get a modified parking ticket that says Robin hood on it. Talk about stealing from the rich…

That said though the forest itself is beautiful :-P

If you ever think about coming to see Sherwood forest I recommend bringing your trainers as it’s a spanking good place to run, I had the best run ever this morning. I have been converted to trail running, I love it! You can’t beat running around off road, apart when after an 1 hour 15 minutes you realise you don’t have a clue where you are, Ekk! Carried on running and headed towards the sound of kids playing - phew!

All in all I did a good 12-13 miler, which I think is about 20k. The weather has changed completely now and we are in the middle of a thunder storm.

Well that’s it from me - let me know if you like the pic’s. I hope you all have good runs this weekend and JogBlog’s leg gets better.

Kilometres ran today: 21K
Kilometres ran this week so far: 27K

5 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Twelve Pack said...

Nice one mate! Hope you didn't get lost and end up circling Nottingham. :-P

Your photos are very good, did you lie on the ground to take some of them? Love the 'sticks and stones' one.

Might get myself set up on Flickr as it's easier to link thumbnail shots to full shots from the blog entry. :-)

8:47 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

LOL! If I had layed down I would have been covered with dust and sticks I was dripping with 'ManGlow' :-)

Glad you liked the photos though.

Flickr is ace :-) if you are using a pc i reccomend downloading and using Picasa to sort your photos out - It's free and really good :-)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Johnny Twelve Pack said...

Cheers - I'll get hold of Picasa, it's a Google program isn't it?

ManGlow - haha - love it :-)

11:55 AM  
Blogger jogblog said...

Sounds like a great run!

Nice pics, like the ladybird :-)

4:56 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

No worries, i'll post a blog with the code :-)
You can set it to count down to anything you like.
Glad you liked the pics

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home