Wednesday, May 24

Cancer is Sh*t!

Sorry this blog is a non-running related rant.

One of the reasons that I started running was the time it gave me to clear my mind and sort all the sh*t that goes on it out – one of those things was my Dad (well father in law, but he is one of my best friends so he is Dad) was diagnosed with cancer last year.

So running helped me cope with the impact that had on all our life’s as a family, and the main reason that I run for cancer research here in the UK.

He had his operations etc last year and all was looking good, but the bastard disease is back this time choosing his stomach to set up home. We found this out yesterday. And I’m still gob smacked – we are waiting to see how bad it is and what will be the outcome etc.

If anyone has ever had a family member or friend that has had cancer then you’ll now how bad the waiting game truly is. It’s pants! And cancer is rubbish.

Time for a lunchtime run I think.

3 Comments:

Blogger jogblog said...

So sorry to hear about your dad. One of my best friends died of cancer a few years ago. You're right, cancer is sh*t.

8:19 PM  
Blogger [rich] said...

:-) thanks for the thoughts, glad that you're keeping off the fags :-)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

My Mom was diagnosed with bowel cancer earlier this year. They've done the surgery and so far so good but one never knows and she still has more surgery to come. You're right it is an awful disease and it touches so many people.

I doing a Relay for Life on June 3rd as my part to help raise funds and fight this sh*t. I know others are doing their part in similar running or cycling events.

I hope all goes well with your Dad and don't let the stress get to you.

PS - found you through a comment on Mike's (love2runCanada) blog.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home