Friday, March 31

I HATE running!

Well actually two things about it, number one being the first mile of any run. I HATE IT! My brain tells me to stop, it hurts, sit down and do something less energetic instead. Then to add to the chorus, my lungs pipe in with the go home anthem with backing vocals from my dodgy legs. Why?

The second thing that I hate about running is… it’s so addictive! This is my first proper full training month (I have been running at least 3 times a week since last August though) and I’m sold hook line and sinker. After the first mile is out of the way, I find myself really, really enjoying running, adding miles, changing routes and generally being exercising outdoors (even in the rain).

I have just added up this months totals and adding in today’s 10K run it equals 102 miles!

I would like to say thanks for all the support via posts to the blog, it has helped me no-end to keep focused and also to get my butt out of the door when I was thinking maybe I’d rather not run but drink a cheeky vodka.

Next on my to-do list is to start working on my speed - I don’t think I’m ever going to be mega fast but I’d love to do my next ½ under 1.55 J

Hope everyone has a good run this weekend - come on summer!

4 Comments:

Blogger wenstumped said...

Wow! I wish I had your spirit. I'd love to try running like that!

7:22 PM  
Blogger jogblog said...

102 miles in a month, wow! I've done 27 miles this month :-) That is over a marathon after all so yay for me I think ;-)

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

102 miles! You could have run to my house! :-)

10:03 AM  
Blogger edinburghrunner said...

keep going!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home