Tuesday, May 22

Yet more running...

Don't tell anyone but I managed to go out for another run today :-D 4 miles.

A non-eventful run until about the last mile and a half. Running up the road I noticed some bloke hanging around outside a dodgy shop that cashes cheques. As I ran up he held his hand out to stop me, I slowed down and took out an earphone. He said something in a foreign language and held out a really rubbish tacky shiny gold looking ring.

"Do you want to buy?"

"No thanks"

"You want to swap?" - points his dirty finger at my iPod.

"No thanks"


Firstly - why would you stop someone out whilst jogging to try and sell him or her something - where would they keep the cash for an emergency "knock off" purchase?

Secondly - I'm sure that no one in their right mind would swap an iPod for a cr*ppy ring!

I jogged off to complete my run.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I would've stopped for him. Although, I don't think I'd be running past dodgy shops either.

I'm worried enough about the odd lunatic while I'm running in my neighborhood of homes.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Rae! said...

I wouldn't have stopped either.The way people drive here is scary,and you can't tell what kind a person is either anymore just have to be weary of all.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home